- 895a-ITMA-REEL/CDR (band one)
- [Branch, Newfoundland, Canada]
- 895a-ITMA-REEL/CDR on-site copy: 1133 2211 0458
- 895a-ITMA-REEL/CDR off-site copy: 0196 3183 2290
- 895a-ITMA-REEL/CDR user copy: 0196 3183 3518
- Judge, Paddy, singing in English, lilting, speech in English
- Judge, Bride, singing in English, speech in English
- Speech [music and customs for dancing ; instruments used in the area ; the dance that James Devine played for ; cheek/gob music used for dancing] ; There was an old woman, reel ; Tatter Jack Walsh, jig ; All the way to Connickmore, single ; Haste to the wedding, jig ; The girl I left behind me, single ; Untitled / Paddy Judge, speech in English, singing in English, lilting (duplicate available on Aidan O’Hara Reel-to-Reel 887a-ITMA-REEL/CDR)
- Speech [parts of dances: (1) first part, required a single, (2) the advance, danced to a single, (3) form the line, danced to a double, (4) chain, danced to a single, (5) close in, (6) round the house, always danced to Pop goes the weasel ; Pop goes the weasel, song ; speech [reels were really difficult and only a few people able to do the cheek music for a reel] ; Green grow the rushes-o, reel ; speech [introduction to The fair Fanny Moore] / Patsy Judge, speech in English, singing in English, lilting ; Bride Judge, speech in English, singing in English (duplicate available on Aidan O’Hara Reel-to-Reel 887a-ITMA-REEL/CDR)
- The fair Fanny Moore, song ; speech [song origins] ; India’s burning shore, song (fragment) / Paddy Judge, singing in English, speech in English (duplicate available on Aidan O’Hara Reel-to-Reel 887a-ITMA-REEL/CDR)
- Brennan on the moor, song / Paddy Judge, singing in English [END OF BAND ONE]
- 1 sound tape reel : analog
- Spoken information on tape
- See related ephemera
- Carton: `Patsy & Bride Judge 1 / PATSY & BRIDE JUDGE #2'
- Donated as part of the Aidan O'Hara collection, this recording was made during the period between 1974 and 1978 when Aidan O'Hara collected the songs of the people from the Cape Shore of Newfoundland. In this recording, Aidan interviews Patsy Judge about the music used for dancing and parts of sets. Shortened versions of tracks 1-3 are duplicated on Aidan O'Hara Reel-to-reel 887a-ITMA-REEL/CDR.Recordings were made on a portable Uher 200 Report IC reel-to-reel (recordings made in 1978 in conjunction with the collecting efforts of Kenneth S. Goldstein were collected on a Nagra reel-to-reel using professional microphones).