- 888a-ITMA-REEL/CDR (stereo bands)
- [Branch, Newfoundland, Canada]
- 888a-ITMA-REEL/CDR on-site copy: 1320 2256 3011
- 888a-ITMA-REEL/CDR off-site copy: 0197 3212 4765
- 888a-ITMA-REEL/CDR user copy: 0197 3212 4777
- Judge, Patsy, speech in English
- Judge, Bride, speech in English, singing in English
- Speech [describe Christmas mummering traditions (including costumes, accessories, masks, practical jokes) and other dialogues/plays put on locally] / Patsy Judge, speech in English ; Bride Judge, speech in English (continued from track 6 Aidan O'Hara Reel-to-Reel 24, 887a-ITMA-REEL/CDR)
- In Yorkshire City, song / Bride Judge, singing in English
- Speech [talk about beliefs and superstitions, old Gaelic words and phrases, the fairies] / Patsy Judge, speech in English ; Bride Judge, speech in English [END OF STEREO BANDS]
- 1 sound tape reel : analog
- Spoken information on tape
- See related ephemera
- Carton: `Patsy & Bride Judge / tape #2 of 2 / DUB'
- Spool: `TAPE 1 7 1/2 ips'
Donated as part of the Aidan O'Hara collection, this recording was made during the period between 1974 and 1978 when Aidan O'Hara collected the songs of the people from the Cape Shore of Newfoundland. This recording, likely made in Branch where Patsy Judge lived and Aidan tended to record, continues on from the final track of Aidan O'Hara Reel-to-Reel 24. Includes accounts of mummering and other local traditions, beliefs in fairies, and etymology of local dialect. Recordings were made on a portable Uher 200 Report IC reel-to-reel (recordings made in 1978 in conjunction with the collecting efforts of Kenneth S. Goldstein were collected on a Nagra reel-to-reel using professional microphones).